Start a new topic

Event Message Browser connect to other machines and import

I'm trying to use more insertion strings when writing my filters. It's certainly a more elegant way to make a filter but I would think also much more efficient than using wildcards. The largest reason I don't use them that often is due to the Event Message Browser does not have custom application lookups due to the configurations for these custom alerts are only stored on the pc's where the application is installed.  I'd like to use the Event Message Browser and have the ability to to remotely connect to other machines once connected it would be nice to either use it to view the insertion strings and select the one desired or import the string to the EventSentry server. I'd certainly be open to other easy method to implementing this. The more features that make writing filters easy and quick the more of them I will write and the less noise I will have to filter through

1 person likes this idea

Thanks for the suggestion, we'll definitely consider it and will update this post with any developments.

Something like this would be awesome.

We'll be releasing a new version of the EventSentry SysAdmin Tools this afternoon (2.7.2.1) which includes the ability for the event message browser app to connect to remote hosts. Thank you for feedback!

Login or Signup to post a comment