Start a new topic
Answered

Can EventSentry monitor Linux performance via SNMP?

I'm wondering if anyone out there has ever setup performance counters with SNMP for linux boxes? I vaguely understand how to do it in the tool but I need to dig up all the OIDs and appropriate MIBs to make it work and I'm hoping someone has done this before and has documented it. Anyone?

Best Answer

By default, EventSentry ships with several performance counters which are configured to work with Non-Windows Operating Systems such as Linux out of the box.

The performance counters which should work are:

• CPU
  • System Memory
  • Network Bandwidth
  • Page File Usage
  • System Memory Percent Free

Have you tried assigning the "Performance System" package to your Linux boxes, that should be sufficient.

Are there any additional metrics you would like to collect, we'd be happy to take a look at that and supplement the default configuration.

Thanks!

1 Comment

Answer

By default, EventSentry ships with several performance counters which are configured to work with Non-Windows Operating Systems such as Linux out of the box.

The performance counters which should work are:

• CPU
  • System Memory
  • Network Bandwidth
  • Page File Usage
  • System Memory Percent Free

Have you tried assigning the "Performance System" package to your Linux boxes, that should be sufficient.

Are there any additional metrics you would like to collect, we'd be happy to take a look at that and supplement the default configuration.

Thanks!

Login or Signup to post a comment