Start a new topic
Answered

UPS connected with USB on windows 10

Can you tell me how can I receive a mail when there is an alert for UPS running on Windows 10 ... ?

UPS Model Eaton Ellipse 1600 USB

Thanks

Best Answer

If the Eaton UPS logs an event to the application event log then it should be easy to setup a filter rule to get notified when the UPS triggers an alert. Can you open the EventSentry Management Console and view the Application event log to see if you can find events that are logged by the UPS? The event source should contain the word "Eaton".

Once you have confirmed that events are written to the event log, we can send you further instructions on how to setup a filter rule. Normally it's enough to just right-click the event and selecting "Add Include Filter".

Answer

If the Eaton UPS logs an event to the application event log then it should be easy to setup a filter rule to get notified when the UPS triggers an alert. Can you open the EventSentry Management Console and view the Application event log to see if you can find events that are logged by the UPS? The event source should contain the word "Eaton".

Once you have confirmed that events are written to the event log, we can send you further instructions on how to setup a filter rule. Normally it's enough to just right-click the event and selecting "Add Include Filter".

it seems that there is Nothing in the eventviewer….
in Windows 7 there is a msg in the eventviewer but not in Windows 10 as when I connected the UPS the computer parameters seems to be modified as a laptop
I will try to see the eventviewer (no UPS for the moment available for testing)
Thanks

Login or Signup to post a comment