Start a new topic
Answered

Access is Denied - Password Assistant

Hi Guys,

May i know what is the requirement for Password Assistant to works perfectly? Do i need to open certain network ports/enable network discovery/run on a domain controller?

I having issue to run this application with multiple error message like RPC is not available, Access is denied (after successfully change local administrator password for first time, second time reset error occur) and configuration information could not read from domain controller, either because the machine is unavailable, or access is denied (p.s. the machine is on and connected on network).

Your advise will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Best Answer

There are a few things you can try. First please make sure that the Windows Firewall is not enabled on the machine(s) where you are trying to change the password remotely. If the firewall needs to be on then try to enable the "File and Printer Sharing (SMB-in)" rule in the "Advanced Settings" of the firewall which opens port 445. If the firewall is blocking remote access then you'll usually get a "RPC unavailable" error.

An Access Denied error usually means that you are not logged in with a user that has permission to change a remote password. For that scenario I would recommend that you switch to our free (and more powerful) "EventSentry Admin Assistant" software which lets you set authentication credentials on remote hosts and groups. The admin assistant also supports changing password remotely but a lot of other things as well.

I hope this helps, pls let us know.

1 Comment

Answer

There are a few things you can try. First please make sure that the Windows Firewall is not enabled on the machine(s) where you are trying to change the password remotely. If the firewall needs to be on then try to enable the "File and Printer Sharing (SMB-in)" rule in the "Advanced Settings" of the firewall which opens port 445. If the firewall is blocking remote access then you'll usually get a "RPC unavailable" error.

An Access Denied error usually means that you are not logged in with a user that has permission to change a remote password. For that scenario I would recommend that you switch to our free (and more powerful) "EventSentry Admin Assistant" software which lets you set authentication credentials on remote hosts and groups. The admin assistant also supports changing password remotely but a lot of other things as well.

I hope this helps, pls let us know.

Login or Signup to post a comment